TrafficRevenue

Content

Bloodletting at a major scooter distributor

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Bloodletting (or blood-letting) is the withdrawal of often considerable quantities of blood from a patient to cure or prevent illness and disease. Sounds like the Scooter Industry has had a lot of this lately in North America.

We are not immune to what happens on Wall Street or to the opportunists who come in thanks to high gas prices and prey on people who work for passion and not a paycheck.

From time to time new owners or investors come into companies and let go of the people that helped start the place. Today I got a call from someone I truly respected despite being competitors who told me his "New" bosses were revamping one of the most loved brands out there, that the former manager and owners who were known for their flamboyant "Peacocking" in the industry were now owners / managers in name only. Not that any dealers or anyone else cares for that matter since they'll continue to buy from them, but its a sad situation to see all the staff running for the nearby guys. I've commented before how some of the brightest and best in the business get burned out.

Same guy I'm referring to went out and purchased a nice mansion, a new car, and some expensive gifts for his kids while cutting employee salaries and bonuses the last two years.

It pains me to hear these stories. I love riding scooters, I love seeing growth in the industry, but when you see growth at the expense of the best kids out there it just makes me sad.

Don't expect to read about this in the trades. None of them will report on this because it could cost them an advertiser.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com